Photographer: Jaimie Skriba Photography
Venue: MillCreek Barns
Event Planner: Jess Smith Weddings
Florist: The Sodus Blossom
Lauren's style was so detailed and consist throughout the whole décor. She wanted wild and free florals for her bouquet and very natural looking floral crowns. Yes, crownS. She not only had a dress change but also a floral crown change. Fabulous! The Arch was packed full of greens with small pops of white florals. Along the sides of where the ceremony took place, I had large fern plants staggered at different levels atop of logs. The reception took a lifetime to complete, but was worth every sec. Lauren provided hundreds of different sized bottles in where we place greenery along the middle of the harvest tables. Each table had 30 bottles and it look fantastic!
I wouldn't have changed one thing bout this wedding.
It was beautiful, full of greens, relaxed and was so much fun to do!
What a whirlwind of crazy things that have happened in the past year! Each day I have to pinch myself that The Sodus Blossom is now more than a dream, but a reality that I am living each day!
Here are some of the things that have me like "OMG!"...
1. Being featured FOUR times in WeddingDay Magazine. First, on their blog (below), then they featured a wedding (which I did in my FIRST year) HERE. THEN the magazine asked my opinion on 2016 floral trends in their printed editorial and lastly, our amazing styled shoot was featured a few weeks ago on their online edition HERE! Amazing!
2. The Style shoot of my dreams! If I could work everyday with GIVING TREE PHOTOGRAPHY & LAUREN ELIZABETH EVENTS I would! We rocked this styled shoot and it made the next amazing things happen....
3. Being featured on Hayley Paige's (The Dress Designer) Instagram and THEN having her comment on the photo! We are talking about a Goddess in the Wedding World. Also this photo has gone completely viral! Reposted all over so many times it's insane!
4. The style shoot was also featured on one of the biggest wedding blogs out there, Ruffled! This should be #1 but I am trying to keep things in order or occurrence. This is so unreal and exciting, still I have no words.
5. And last, but oh so not least. In 2016 I doubled the amount of weddings from last year! #Growth!
I got the privelesge of working with so many brides and wonderful families and friends, I am beyond grateful! Here's to 2017 and many more beautiful weddings and brides!
This wedding had me excited from the first time I talked to Brittany. She had a style all of her own that I knew would be spectacular and guess what? It was!
Brittany was so incredibly kind and wonderful to work with, enjoy these stunning pictures by O'Malley King Photography!
These leather name tags are money!
The small white tulle are the sleeves from Brittany's mother's wedding dress! How perfect! I made them into little flowers and placed them in her bouquet.
Having your grandma as your flower girl!? Umm precious and amazing!
This pretty little bouquet and boutonniere made their grand appearance at a July Wedding. Olivia, the bride, had a vision of deep pink peonies and garden roses. This is what I came up with for her budget and idea....
Deep Pink Peonies
Light Pink Garden Roses
Jessica was such an easy bride! She knew the color scheme she wanted and that she liked Succulents, but other than that she gave me total freedom. I loved how this (I'm gonna call it Garden Beach Wedding) turned out! Kim Swain from The Inner Light Photography, did an amazing job captioning this joyous event.
Congrats Bill & Jessica!
I'm Kelsey Lee, a 24 year old Michigander, business owner, and lover of all things floral. The Sodus Blossom is my floral design co. that I have started from the ground up. Please feel free to leave a comment & follow along as The Sodus Blossom blooms and grows into something wonderful!