Lately my mind is coming up with thousands of blog posts for this fall season. I am trying my hardest to fit them all in! Today I am talking about fall essentials that are a must for my home. Things that scream fall and give me that cozy feeling inside!
These target candles! Man oh man are they amazing! They smell spectacular and are very decently priced! There are so many different scents to choose from too. They are no longer available online, but they are still in stores. Grab them today!
I have a handful of fall themed movies that get me in the mood for fall! Here's my top ten!
1. You've Got Mail
2. Hocus Pocus
3. Runaway Bride
5. Practical Magic
7. When Harry Met Sally
8. Sleepless in Seattle
9. The Addams Family
BLANKET SCARVES & BOOTS! Need I say more? They keep you cozy in those crisp mornings and help make a bold fashion statement. Wearing a blanker scarf and pairing it with a cute pair of boots will make fall look complete!
Taking those wonderful fall photos for your Instagram, I can never get enough! Fall comes around once a year and I can't get enough of these types of pictures! Recipe for a good fall photo: coffee, boots, fallen leaves, reading material. BOOM! Perfect!
You can't have a cute fall outfit, if you don't have the nails to go along with it!
This color above is Essie: Shearling Darling. I have been wearing it since early October!
Maybe it's You've Got Mail, but there is something about the city in the fall, especially New York! I love looking at photos of the busy city with changing colors all around!
What are some of your fall essentials!?
Every once and a while, on Friday's I do a post of THINGS I like (shoes, products, décor).
This however is much more than "things", It's list of places and people and feels that I am loving right now! It's what inspires me throughout the week and keeps me going! I thought I would share.
1. Putting little details into my home for this fall season! I love layering décor to create dimension and little details to focus on. Fall is the best decorating season in my mind!
2. All the Gilmore Girls talk! With the revival coming November 25th people are going mad crazy about Gilmore Girls! I mean it was probably thee best show next to Friends and Seinfeld (but that's just my opinion). I have been reading every article I can about the subject and man I am sooo pumped!!
The Real Stars Hollow
3. The smell of the grapes in the air! There is just nothing like it! It is the strongest scent that travels so far. I am fortunate to live near them.
4. Sewing has been my place to escape recently. This fall has been the busiest part of the wedding season and on the days where I am not designing florals, I am sewing. I get my cup of coffee, turn on either Gilmore Girls, Friends or recently The West Wing and sew away.
5. Evening runs with my husband. Every other evening (before my husband goes hunting) we run together in our little country town. Pushing (me) to go farther and faster each time. These nights are tough but oh so wonderful!
6. Every month there is a new illustrator that hosts a sketch-a-day on Instagram. I love doodling and lettering, it's fun and relaxing to me. Right now I am following THIS daily sketch.
7. These amazing pumpkins! Enough said.
What are you loving lately?
If you know me or The Sodus Blossom, I am always trying new things. Starting new projects and trying to stretch the imagination. I started this monthly arrangement to do just that. I wanted to slowly get bigger and better. By Christmas it should be pretty inventive and over the top, if I can let myself go there. Let me tell you, it's harder than you think.
Here's September---A fall themed centerpiece.
This is a fiesta of flowers and color if I do say so myself! For whatever reason, these flowers make me think of a Mexican Fiesta! The bright and bold pinks and oranges make me swoon!
These were flowers leftover from a wedding, ones I found in my garden, and on the side of the road, pulled together to make these cute very wild centerpieces. I took floral fabric, vintage floral plates and cups and put together this backyard style shoot to show you can never have to much florals!
Happy 4th of July all! I thought that on this wonderful day of celebrating our independence I would bring you all some Indepenedence Day inspired florals!
Flowers included: peonies, alstroemerias, garden roses, thistle, wax flower and seeded eucalyptus.
These antiques tins I purchased on Etsy. My favorite one is the George Washington Tobacco tin. I use old tins a lot for arrangements, it's my "thing".
I'm Kelsey Lee, a 24 year old Michigander, business owner, and lover of all things floral. The Sodus Blossom is my floral design co. that I have started from the ground up. Please feel free to leave a comment & follow along as The Sodus Blossom blooms and grows into something wonderful!