At the end of January, My husband Dale and I took a much need adventure together to Colorado. While there we visited Denver, Steamboat Springs and Fort Collins. It was my first trip to Colorado and truly my first time seeing real majestic mountains!
Here are some snap shots from my amazing Anniversary trip to Colorado! Hope you enjoy.
ps: I looked for flowers everywhere, even local shops and just couldn't make it work. But it is still worth blogging about!
O'Dell Brewing in Fort Collins!
Horsetooth Reservoir in Fort Collins was such an amazing site! I would recommend going there if you are ever in the area!
The drive to Steamboat Spring through Wyoming! Another beautiful state!
A little Pine Marten Dale got on video while skiing! Isn't he so cute!
Our amazing "little" honeymoon suite in an awesome condo at the base of the mountain!
This is where I was after skiing each day. When you have a Jacuzzi tub in your room, you take advantage of it!
Skiing with great friends in Steamboat!
Home Sweet Home!
Another one of my many hobbies is keeping a Wildlife Journal. I keep track of all the animals I see on trips or even right in my backyard. Here is some of the more impressive animals that we saw! (Some while skiing!)
I would love to hear about your most recent trip! Leave me comment!
What a whirlwind of crazy things that have happened in the past year! Each day I have to pinch myself that The Sodus Blossom is now more than a dream, but a reality that I am living each day!
Here are some of the things that have me like "OMG!"...
1. Being featured FOUR times in WeddingDay Magazine. First, on their blog (below), then they featured a wedding (which I did in my FIRST year) HERE. THEN the magazine asked my opinion on 2016 floral trends in their printed editorial and lastly, our amazing styled shoot was featured a few weeks ago on their online edition HERE! Amazing!
2. The Style shoot of my dreams! If I could work everyday with GIVING TREE PHOTOGRAPHY & LAUREN ELIZABETH EVENTS I would! We rocked this styled shoot and it made the next amazing things happen....
3. Being featured on Hayley Paige's (The Dress Designer) Instagram and THEN having her comment on the photo! We are talking about a Goddess in the Wedding World. Also this photo has gone completely viral! Reposted all over so many times it's insane!
4. The style shoot was also featured on one of the biggest wedding blogs out there, Ruffled! This should be #1 but I am trying to keep things in order or occurrence. This is so unreal and exciting, still I have no words.
5. And last, but oh so not least. In 2016 I doubled the amount of weddings from last year! #Growth!
I got the privelesge of working with so many brides and wonderful families and friends, I am beyond grateful! Here's to 2017 and many more beautiful weddings and brides!
Lately my mind is coming up with thousands of blog posts for this fall season. I am trying my hardest to fit them all in! Today I am talking about fall essentials that are a must for my home. Things that scream fall and give me that cozy feeling inside!
These target candles! Man oh man are they amazing! They smell spectacular and are very decently priced! There are so many different scents to choose from too. They are no longer available online, but they are still in stores. Grab them today!
I have a handful of fall themed movies that get me in the mood for fall! Here's my top ten!
1. You've Got Mail
2. Hocus Pocus
3. Runaway Bride
5. Practical Magic
7. When Harry Met Sally
8. Sleepless in Seattle
9. The Addams Family
BLANKET SCARVES & BOOTS! Need I say more? They keep you cozy in those crisp mornings and help make a bold fashion statement. Wearing a blanker scarf and pairing it with a cute pair of boots will make fall look complete!
Taking those wonderful fall photos for your Instagram, I can never get enough! Fall comes around once a year and I can't get enough of these types of pictures! Recipe for a good fall photo: coffee, boots, fallen leaves, reading material. BOOM! Perfect!
You can't have a cute fall outfit, if you don't have the nails to go along with it!
This color above is Essie: Shearling Darling. I have been wearing it since early October!
Maybe it's You've Got Mail, but there is something about the city in the fall, especially New York! I love looking at photos of the busy city with changing colors all around!
What are some of your fall essentials!?
This past week I travelled to North Carolina to see some extremely amazing people! While there we hiked, drank tons of coffee, stayed up late talking, went to farmers markets and cute breakfast shops and so many more wonderful things. Here are some snap shots of my trip. (disclaimer: I LOVE taking pictures, but I am NOT at all, by any means good at it.)
If you ever get a chance to visit Greensboro, do it! It's so quaint!
Every once and a while, on Friday's I do a post of THINGS I like (shoes, products, décor).
This however is much more than "things", It's list of places and people and feels that I am loving right now! It's what inspires me throughout the week and keeps me going! I thought I would share.
1. Putting little details into my home for this fall season! I love layering décor to create dimension and little details to focus on. Fall is the best decorating season in my mind!
2. All the Gilmore Girls talk! With the revival coming November 25th people are going mad crazy about Gilmore Girls! I mean it was probably thee best show next to Friends and Seinfeld (but that's just my opinion). I have been reading every article I can about the subject and man I am sooo pumped!!
The Real Stars Hollow
3. The smell of the grapes in the air! There is just nothing like it! It is the strongest scent that travels so far. I am fortunate to live near them.
4. Sewing has been my place to escape recently. This fall has been the busiest part of the wedding season and on the days where I am not designing florals, I am sewing. I get my cup of coffee, turn on either Gilmore Girls, Friends or recently The West Wing and sew away.
5. Evening runs with my husband. Every other evening (before my husband goes hunting) we run together in our little country town. Pushing (me) to go farther and faster each time. These nights are tough but oh so wonderful!
6. Every month there is a new illustrator that hosts a sketch-a-day on Instagram. I love doodling and lettering, it's fun and relaxing to me. Right now I am following THIS daily sketch.
7. These amazing pumpkins! Enough said.
What are you loving lately?
I'm Kelsey Lee, a 24 year old Michigander, business owner, and lover of all things floral. The Sodus Blossom is my floral design co. that I have started from the ground up. Please feel free to leave a comment & follow along as The Sodus Blossom blooms and grows into something wonderful!